Canadian Citizenship Application

ICCRC Canada Authorised Immigration Consultant & Saskatchewan Immigration Licensed Consultant in PUNJAB (INDIA)

Canada is a country that embodies multiculturalism and diversity and encourages newcomers to achieve their full potential by supporting their integration and active participation in social, cultural, economic and political affairs. We thank you for the commitment you are showing to Canada by applying to become a Canadian citizen!

As described in Section 3 and 4 of the Citizenship Act, you are a citizen of Canada if:

  1. You were born in Canada.
  2. You were born outside Canada and one of your parents was a Canadian citizen
  3. You were born outside Canada from January 1, 1947 up to and including April 16, 2009, to parent that was born outside Canada to a Canadian parent.
  4. You were adopted outside Canada by a Canadian parent on or after January 1, 1947.
  5. Went through the naturalization process in Canada.

Make sure you’re Eligible

To be eligible for Canadian citizenship, you

  • must be a permanent resident (landed immigrant) of Canada
  • must have been physically present in Canada for at least 1,095 days in the 5 years immediately before you apply
  • may need to file personal income taxes for at least 3 years within the 5-year period
  • Find out if you need to file your taxes
  • must demonstrate adequate knowledge of English or French (if you are between 18 and 54 years old when you apply)
  • must demonstrate you have knowledge of Canada and of the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship (if you are between 18 and 54 years old when you apply—this is assessed after you apply)
  • can’t be under a removal order
  • can’t be inadmissible or prohibited on criminal or security grounds

How can we help?

  1. If you are a Canadian citizen and was born outside Canada, we can help you apply for your proof of citizenship.
  2. If you are a permanent resident, we can assess your eligibility to apply for citizenship and help you apply for one.


You may contact us and share your documents for related inquiries at